If you are a Designer bored with the average, tired with the status quo, and starved for a creative outlet - you came to the right place! We will take the blinds off of your eyes, and cleanse your palette with some avant-garde digital design.
We believe that developers and designers were meant to live in peace, that they were created equal, and that ultimately they share at least one rib. As a mix of digital creatives, we are a diverse bunch where roles often blend and where close collaboration is at the centre. In our Ape environment it pays to be multi-skilled, to think not only UX but also Y and Z, to be as much a brand graphic designer as a digital designer, to think in stills and in motion. A Great Apes designer needs to have senior abilities, to be able to adapt, think outside of the box inside the box, and be willing to tame the recently possible.
- Mid to Senior level. We care more about your skill set, personality and portfolio than the exact amount of experience
- Multidisciplinary, optimally combining skills like interface design, 3D graphics, animation, branding etc.
- Medium and tool agnostic. You can have your favourites but are flexible and can easily adapt to different methodologies and tools. Current software daily drivers are Figma, Adobe Suite, Cinema 4D, Blender, Touch Designer, Unreal Engine and more
- Self-motivated and driven to create the best designs and experiences possible
- Able to work independently across multiple simultaneous projects
- Able to carry projects all the way from sales, through conceptual phase, production and implementation
- Social and able to communicate your ideas verbally as well as visually in diverse internal and client settings
- Interested in co-creating and fostering fun and productive studio culture
- Able to work from our Helsinki office (limited hybrid mode possible)
- Proficient in English. Finnish and Swedish are a plus
You will get:
- As much responsibility as you can handle; from the beginning you can influence the future and operations of one of the Nordics’ most awarded design studios
- A chance to define your own direction, have your most ambitious ideas realised and blend your interests with client work
- Unique, high-end client work
- Possibility to work with clients ranging from cultural institutions to international corporations
- Support from industry leading talent
- Security and benefits of being part of a large organisation under the IT bargaining agreement, while working in a self-organised and tight-knit studio
If all this sounds appealing, intriguing, mildly confusing, and moderately funny - please reach out and apply. There is a chance we were meant for each other. Send us your application by Friday 01.12.
Great Apes is a part of HiQ, a creative tech consulting company with over 1900 experts working in four different countries.
Website LinkedIn Instagram